Monday, 10 July 2017

A Velvet Capelet

I have always loved the luxury of velvet and had been searching for a capelet for what seems an eternity, so when I stumbled across this little number in a local vintage store I knew we were perfect
for each other.  The flocking on the velvet and its satin bow added to the allure for me.

I envisage the capelet worn with so many different colours but for its first outing I teamed it with my
black Moyuru skirt and a wool knit top. For some colour I added my orange leather gloves , from Paris last year , a vintage orange hat , black booties and a Spencer and Rutherford tulip bag.

 I  have a confession to make , my love of accessories seems to becoming an obsession .I simply can't
resist adding to my collection at every opportunity- fortunately usually from thrift or recycle stores.
The good thing about accessories , they don't date or wear out and they always fit. We all need a hobby don't we. I have recently turned my son's old bedroom into , as my husband refers to it," a whacking great walk in wardrobe." More collecting to come for sure-well I must use the space.

 A reminder of Spring - only three months to wait for tulip time- I have had this bag from Spencer and Rutherford for several years and it always makes me smile.

I love this orange velvet vintage hat , another purchase from the hat collection of a lady who owns a local bric-a-brac shop,even though it does remind you of a brain.

Joining Patti for Visible Monday and Catherine at Not Dressed as Lamb for #iwillwearwhatilike
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. That capelet is adorable and it really does suit you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Laurie , you have made my day.

      Delete
  2. Velvet is so luxurious, and it looks beautiful here. Love the gloves and hat as well. Thanks for linking, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patti , velvet in Winter always a favourite . Always my pleasure to join Visible Monday.

      Delete
  3. I agree with you on accessories: they always fit and don't go out of style. And they can totally change a look, too. I love the 'brain hat', and the capelet is a thing of beauty for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do share our love of accesories Tiina and their ability to ring the changes.Glad you liked my brain hat and Capelet. Thank you .

      Delete
  4. What an amazing skirt. And hat! Altogether it's a simply wonderful look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Penny , the shape and movement of the skirt is what attracted me and also that I can wear it year round.

      Delete
  5. Your velvet beret looks so luxurious! And it goes without saying that I am in love with the trio of hat, gloves, and handbag! Wonderful styling, thank you so much for sharing with Hat Attack!

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig