Sunday, 18 June 2017

The Wedding Skirt Does Winter

 When I purchased this Sarah Puccini skirt for my son's wedding in February last year I envisioned many ways to style the skirt so it would not be just sitting in my closet waiting for a formal occasion,a scarce occurrence in my world.This is the skirt's first Winter outing and I must admit to being rather pleased with how everything came together.

 The skirt was paired with a black fine wool jumper , long black leather gloves, black boots by Paco Herero several Winters old , I am so pleased this toe shape is back again and just proves you should never get rid of things as fashion is so fickle . My black hat has also been with me for many a Winter and was purchased at a sadly, long gone local hat shop.I topped the outfit with a black wool , furry edged shawl. The shawl was originally a much longer wrap,that I recently has shortened, as I never wore it in its original form it was way too long and heavy . I now have the shawl and a scarf , so much more practical to wear.


Apologies for being missing in action for the last two weeks. My first week was planned as I was attending to a long overdue matter that needed my full physical and emotional strength, the second not at all , these photos were taken last week but when the time came for my post I sat at my computer at the ready but could not enter text and what is a blog without text. So after a frustrating week that very much challenged my lack of tech expertise a trip to Hobart fortunately arose and with the help of my son the blog now uses a different browser and the problem was solved, still no idea why this happened , the joy of computers and me.

Joining , finally, Patti for Visible, Jess for Turning Heads Tuesday, Catherine at Not Dressed as Lamb
for #iwillwearwhatilike and Judith at Style Crone for Hat Attack.

SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Hi Jill, You are absolutely radiant in this outfit and these photos! I LOVE it all, love how you've put it all together and that they are all "keepers", beautiful clothes and boots to wear again and again. Re your blogging, don't ever worry that you've missed a week or two..or three... your fans will be there. I have accepted that I can't keep up with weekly blogging and that I don't want to sacrifice creativity and enjoyment for the sake of being "out there" and it's working well. Wishing you a sunny beautiful week. Elizabeth. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth ,that is so kind of you and encouraging to hear. I must admit to being pleased with how this outfit came together and as you say a definate keeper. Hope your weather has settled and the sun is shining in Bello.

      Delete
  2. It's a special skirt and you can match it in many interesting and new ways. You look so cute with hats!!

    I absolutely agree : never get rid of beautiful pieces, they surely will come fashionable again sooner or later!!
    Unfortunately I live in a small flat and find it difficult to store my ( many )clothes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dan , I know this skirt will be with me for so many years to come and I will enjoy playing with different styling. I am rather lucky as I have plenty of storage , as long as I never move house.

      Delete
  3. Yes, that skirt is too gorgeous to wait in the closet. Wonderful look, and I agree about electronics: there's no computer so small that it cannot bring me to my knees. Thanks for linking, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one who finds computers frustrating. The wedding skirt is still one of my all time favourite skirts and does deserve many outings. Many thanks for hosting Visible Monday.

      Delete
  4. Another chic outfit! Glad you were able to make the shawl work for you as it looks so great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laurie , I was pleased with the shawl and is so much easier to wear now plus I also have a scarf .

      Delete
  5. The skirt is a treasure, and it should be worn as part of many fabulous outfits. And shawl is beautiful!
    Oh, technical problems... if only there were engineers smart enough to design computers that were actually user-friendly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Tiina , computers are only user friendly for a very few technically minded souls, of which I am not one.
      Many thanks , you are sure to see the skirt and shawl again.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous styling Jill that definitely proves everything old becomes new again! Your mention of purchasing your simple and elegant hat at the sadly long gone hat shop brings back memories of many such shops I have known and loved that are no more. Thank you for sharing with Hat Attack!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much Judith , it is always my pleasure to join in Hat Attack and check out the millinery .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill I love the style and its great that you can style this skirt for any occasion! I love the shape of it. The fur shawl is glorious!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig