Sunday, 31 January 2016

Reflections on Times Past


Sitting on the steps of the John Hart Conservatory in our City Park is the perfect spot for reflections
on times past. The conservatory was built in 1932 and always has beautiful seasonal displays.
I have fond memories of coming here as a child with my mother to see the floral displays.


Playing among the flower beds resplendent in their full on Summer glory wearing an outfit from
Amy Rigg , an American designer, that I think is 1980's but has a much earlier vibe.I bought this
last year at a recycle sale , its previous owner had lived in the US for several years. So kind of her
to bring it back and then decide to sell.




Pairing the outfit with a necklace that echoes the detail of the wonderful button detail , some bangles,
a bag from Groom that reminds me of another era with its clasp and a vintage cream hat.



Joining Patti for Visible Monday
and
Judith , Style Crone for Hat Attack

SHARE:

16 comments

  1. love, love your fashion sense.

    Annie v.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Annie for your kind words.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful, soothing look, hat to toes. Thanks for sharing, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes change is good, these are much softer colours for me,Always my pleasure to join Visible Monday.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! A bit like a scene from the Great Gatsby! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie, it does have a vibe from that era.

      Delete
  4. This outfit has a bit if a 20's vibe, or why does it make me think of Miss Fisher?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having visited the Miss Fisher exhibition last year , there is a bit of her in this outfit.

      Delete
  5. "Charming" is the word that comes to mind upon seeing your outfit. This is a look I absolutely adore and strive for myself. Easy. Fresh. Stylish with a sense of past glamour--so perfect for your post on reflection. All the flowers make me long for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the word charming , it does conjure up a different time. I have enjoyed your photos of your Winter but I can understand a need for some bright Spring blooms.

      Delete
  6. Hi, Jill. Gorgeous outfit, lovely gardens. I love the necklace that coordinates so nicely with the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa , the gardens are bright and pretty this time of year.I have owned the necklace for some time and was so pleased it worked with this top.Thankyou so much for your kind comments.

      Delete
  7. You are wearing a delightful palette of cream shades! A combination of colours which I find extremely elegant!
    I love your hat and your necklace too, and the bag is very cute!
    The garden , full of those wonderful flowers , looks like a relaxing place. You definitely are ... the most elegant lady of flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your Amy Rigg outfit, and the necklace is so perfect for it. Lovely photos from the beautiful garden, Jill - such pleasure for the eyes and the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an elegant look, Jill! This outfit is nice to look at and, I am sure, very comfortable to wear. Beautiful necklace that indeed matches those buttons perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your neutral ensemble amidst the flowers of the park. You own this gorgeous hat, as always. Thank you for sharing your beauty and your headwear with Hat Attack!

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig